This article applies to older accounts that deliver activity via email and My Account. The free Victory app provides 24/7 reporting. It is standard for all new accounts and available to older accounts.
Unmonitored Screen Activity means the Covenant Eyes Android™ app couldn't monitor the screen because the member used Incognito Mode or an app with security features.
Incognito Mode & Other Apps
These two things generate an Unmonitored Screen Activity message:
- Incognito Mode: If the Covenant Eyes app detects a browser (e.g., Google Chrome) is in Incognito Mode, that triggers an Unmonitored Screen Activity message because we can't monitor the screen.
- Streaming apps or banking apps: Some streaming or banking apps, like PayPal or Comcast's Xfinity app, have security features to protect their material or your financial information. Their security features override Covenant Eyes and may trigger an Unmonitored Screen Activity message.
Report Subject Line
- An Unmonitored Screen Activity event will automatically make a report's email subject line say "Review."
- An Unmonitored Screen Activity message with details about the browser, device, and time frame will appear on the report.
- Covenant Eyes includes this message on reports to notify allies of potentially harmful online usage that we couldn't monitor.
- Allies, while being supportive, should consider why the member would try to conceal some online activity.
- Not sure how to have a conversation about Unmonitored Screen Activity? See How to Be the Best Ally Ever and How to Respond When Your Friend Looks at Porn.
To prevent this situation and safeguard an Android™ device:
- Check if the Covenant Eyes app is up-to-date! We highly suggest you install the newest version of Covenant Eyes on your device so that you have access to the latest bug fixes and updated accountability features.
- Take an inventory of all the browsers on your phone! Delete and remove any browsers with an Incognito Mode or Private Browsing option.
- Install and use a browser that doesn't have Incognito Mode! Some browsers, like this browser by NetAddict, don't have Incognito Mode.
- Use Covenant Eyes' App Locking feature to disable the Google Play™ Store or lock newly installed apps by default! App Locking will help safeguard the member from installing browsers with Incognito Mode.