This article applies to older accounts that deliver activity via email and My Account. The free Victory app provides 24/7 reporting. It is standard for all new accounts and available to older accounts.
The Mobile Background Data report section (or it may say "No Concerning Mobile Background Data") contains any potentially concerning Background Activity from an iPhone® or iPad®.
This section only appears for members that use Covenant Eyes on an iPhone® or iPad®.
- Background Activity: Background Activity is potentially explicit domains (websites) from an iPhone® or iPad®.
- BLOCKED Background Activity: Blocked means the Covenant Eyes filter stopped the domain (website) from happening and displaying its content.
Covenant Eyes cannot determine if the member intentionally viewed Background Activity because some apps generate it in the background, display pop-up ads, and refresh content without the member’s knowledge or consent.
Prevent Background Activity
- Use Apple's device controls, Screen Time, to limit adult content and keep the member from uninstalling our Safari Extension.
- Have the member use the Safari app as much as possible so we can screen-capture their activity via the Safari Extension.
- Turn off Background App Refresh for most apps to reduce unnecessary website traffic in the background. But leave it on for Covenant Eyes!