You must set Web Content to “Unrestricted Access” to turn on the Safari extension. Apple’s device controls, Screen Time, protect the Safari app and some of its settings. Specifically, Screen Time’s Web Content filter locks down Safari’s extensions.
Set Web Content to "Unrestricted Access"
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone® or iPad®.
- Tap “Screen Time.”
- Tap “Content and Privacy Restrictions.”
- Tap “Content Restrictions.”
- Tap “Web Content.”
- Tap “Unrestricted.”
- Now the blue checkmark should be next to Unrestricted.
- Nice work! You unlocked our Safari extension. Now read How do I turn on the Covenant Eyes Safari extension on an iPhone®? to turn on our extension.
After you turn on the Safari extension, we recommend changing Web Content back to “Limit Adult Websites” so the iPhone® user can’t turn off the Covenant Eyes Safari extension.