We're removing the browser portion of the Covenant Eyes app for iPhone® in 2024. We encourage you to set Safari as your default browser and turn on our Safari extension so we can screen-capture your activity!
On iPhones with iOS (iPhone® operating system) 11-14, Covenant Eyes uses Screen Accountability within the Covenant Eyes browser app, device-wide domain (website) monitoring, and optional device-wide filtering.
The Covenant Eyes Browser
Instead of using Safari or Google Chrome, you can use the Covenant Eyes browser to search the web, check the weather, watch YouTube videos, and more!
- On older iPhones and iPads, we only take screenshots inside the Covenant Eyes browser app.
- Inside our iPhone® browser app, our monitoring service, Screen Accountability, randomly screen-captures and scans your screen for mature content.
- Regardless of your reporting method, screenshots from the Covenant Eyes browser appear in email reports and the Victory app.
- Covenant Eyes cannot screenshot your apps' activity on iPhones and iPads. So instead of taking screenshots of your apps, we monitor all your domains (web traffic) with a VPN-like background process.
- A domain is a website, like ad.google.com or nike.com. Covenant Eyes reports the root of the domain (i.e., facebook.com) instead of the entire website URL (i.e., facebook.com-user-profile-john-doe).
Website Filtering & Blocking
The filter is an optional service that runs in the background of your iPhone®/iPad® and blocks explicit websites across all browsers (Google Chrome, Safari, etc.) and apps on your device.
- There are two Blocking Levels: Standard (default) and Strong.
- Each level has a Custom Website List, so you can block or allow specific websites.
Add More Protection
With Screen Time, Apple's device controls, you can:
- Disable Safari
- Disable the ability to install and delete apps
- Use Downtime to set a time limit for your device
In the Settings app on your iPhone® or iPad®, set Covenant Eyes as your default browser!
If you set Covenant Eyes as your default browser, you can automatically open links from text messages or emails in Covenant Eyes.