This article is for Android™ devices running Android™ 8. If you need to, you can check your Android operating system version on your device.
The Covenant Eyes app runs 24/7 to monitor your device, so your device’s built-in battery optimizer may flag it and try to shut it down to preserve battery life. This article will help you exclude Covenant Eyes from the battery optimizer on your Android™ phone or tablet.
- Open your Settings app, scroll down, and select “Battery & power saving.”
- Tap on “Battery Usage,” and the screen will change. Scroll down and tap “Ignore optimizations” (or it may say “Power saving exclusions”).
- Move the Covenant Eyes toggle switch to the right (the switch will turn green).
- Open your Settings app, search for “Battery,” and tap “Battery.”
- Scroll down and tap “Unmonitored Apps.”
- Tap “Add apps.”
- Find Covenant Eyes, tap it, and tap "DONE."
- The device will take you back to the list of Unmonitored Apps. You successfully excluded our app from battery optimization if you now see Covenant Eyes in the list. You can close the Settings app.
Huawei & Xiaomi Devices
Huawei, Xiaomi, and some Samsung devices have unchangeable battery-saver processes that “turn off” Covenant Eyes without the user’s knowledge or consent. Therefore, Covenant Eyes does not work well on these devices, and there is no way to keep the device from “turning off” Covenant Eyes. To learn more, check out the website don’t kill my app.