This article is for Android™ devices running Android™ 11. If you need to, you can check your Android operating system version on your device.
The Covenant Eyes app runs 24/7 to monitor your device, so your device’s built-in battery optimizer may flag it and try to shut it down to preserve battery life. This article will help you exclude Covenant Eyes from the battery optimizer on your Android™ phone or tablet.
- Open the Settings app
- In Settings, scroll down and tap “Apps.”
- In Apps, scroll down and tap “Covenant Eyes.”
- On the App info page, tap “Battery.”
- On the Use details page, tap “Optimize battery usage.”
- On the Optimize battery usage page, tap the arrow next to “Apps not optimized.”
- On the drop-down menu, tap “All.”
- On the Optimize battery usage page, scroll through the list of apps to find Covenant Eyes, and turn the toggle switch for Covenant Eyes off.
Huawei & Xiaomi Devices
Huawei, Xiaomi, and some Samsung devices have unchangeable battery-saver processes that “turn off” Covenant Eyes without the user’s knowledge or consent. Therefore, Covenant Eyes does not work well on these devices, and there is no way to keep the device from “turning off” Covenant Eyes. To learn more, check out the website don’t kill my app.