Covenant Eyes will filter YouTube if you use the Strong Blocking Level.
YouTube Restricted Mode
Strong Blocking enforces YouTube Restricted Mode (Restricted Mode), and the member *can't turn it off on their device.
- Restricted Mode is YouTube's parental control setting.
- Restricted Mode disables comments on YouTube videos and blocks explicit videos.
- Covenant Eyes has no control over what Restricted Mode blocks or doesn't block.
- If you would like to learn more about Restricted Mode, you can read YouTube's article.
Overriding Restricted Mode
Filtering YouTube is an all-or-nothing approach. You have two options with the Strong Blocking Level:
- Use Strong Blocking & Restricted Mode. Remember that Covenant Eyes cannot control or customize what Restricted Mode blocks or doesn't.
- *Use Strong Blocking & override Restricted Mode. Add the following YouTube websites as allowed websites via the Custom Website List:
Now toggle off Restricted Mode on your devices. The rest of Strong Blocking will remain intact (we'll still block mixed-content sites, VPNs, etc.).
If you want to, you can completely block YouTube on the Standard Blocking Level or the Strong Blocking Level.
Add youtube.com as a blocked website to your Custom Website List, and Covenant Eyes will block YouTube.