Covenant Eyes will filter YouTube if you use the Strong Blocking Level.
YouTube Restricted Mode
Strong Blocking enforces YouTube Restricted Mode (Restricted Mode), and the member *can't turn it off on their device.
- Restricted Mode is YouTube's parental control setting.
- Restricted Mode disables comments on YouTube videos and blocks explicit videos.
- Covenant Eyes has no control over what Restricted Mode blocks or doesn't block.
- If you would like to learn more about Restricted Mode, you can read YouTube's article.
Overriding Restricted Mode
Only the Filter Guardian can override Restricted Mode and edit the Custom Website List in our online member portal, My Account.
Filtering YouTube is an all-or-nothing approach. You have two options with the Strong Blocking Level:
- Use the Strong Blocking & Restricted Mode. Remember that Covenant Eyes cannot control or customize what Restricted Mode blocks or doesn't.
- *Use the Strong Blocking & override Restricted Mode by adding youtube.com as an allowed website via the Custom Website List. Then toggle off Restricted Mode on your devices. The rest of Strong Blocking will remain intact (we'll still block mixed-content sites, VPNs, etc.).
If you want to, you can completely block YouTube on the Standard Blocking Level or the Strong Blocking Level.
Add youtube.com as a blocked website to your Custom Website List, and Covenant Eyes will block YouTube.