Before You Begin
- Compatibility: The Covenant Eyes app requires Android™ operating system 7 or newer. Covenant Eyes is not compatible with Android Go (Android Lite).
- Potential Conflicts: On your device, disable the Blue Light filter app, screen dimming apps, and any app locking features. You can turn them back on after you install Covenant Eyes.
Install Covenant Eyes
- Tap this link to view Covenant Eyes in the Google Play™ Store and tap the "Install" button.
- Tap "Open."
- Type in your Covenant Eyes username and password. Then tap “SIGN IN.”
- [Only members with Android™ operating systems 13 and 14 will see the following two screens about Notifications. If you don't see these screens, skip to step #5.] Tap the green arrow and then tap "Allow" to enable Covenant Eyes to send you notifications.
- Tap the green arrow to agree to our Individual Use Agreement.
- Tap the green arrow to proceed to your device’s Settings app so you can enable Accessibility for Covenant Eyes.
- Under Downloaded apps (some devices may say Installed apps or Installed services), tap "Covenant Eyes."
- Move the top toggle switch to the right (the switch will turn blue).
Leave the Covenant Eyes shortcut off.
- Tap "Allow."
- Tap “Activate” to allow Covenant Eyes to secure our app and its uninstall procedures.
- [Only some members will see the following three screens. If you don't see them, skip to step #12.] Tap the green arrow to proceed to your device's Settings app, tap "Private DNS," and then tap "Off."
- [Only members subscribing to our filter will see the following two screens. If you don't see them, skip to step #13.] On the VPN Required screen, tap the green arrow to allow Covenant Eyes to run a VPN in the background of your device to filter content. Then tap "OK" on the Connection request screen.
- Success! You installed Covenant Eyes. You’ll see our app menu. You can exit the Covenant Eyes app.
- Please exclude Covenant Eyes from your device’s built-in battery saver or power-saving mode so Covenant Eyes runs smoothly!